How to use CBD oil for effective pain relief
You’ve probably come to this blog because you’ve no doubt heard of the wonderful things CBD can do for your body and your potential pain, otherwise maybe you’ve come to this blog because you are an advocate of CBD and you just reading our blogs! In which case we salute you! CBD oil based products come in all shapes, sizes and forms and for new buyers sometimes it can be difficult to pick something, hopefully we clear a few problems up in this blog.
How exactly does CBD oil relieve pain?
Without boring you with all the sciencey stuff behind it, the human body has special receptors that are stimulated through the use of CBD, they come in the form of CB1 and CB2 receptors, CB1 receptors are found in the brain whereas CB2 receptors can be found in the immune system. The human body produces natural cannabinoids called endocannabinoids. Some endocannabinoids can be activated using CBD, which allows for a whole host of benefits to the human body.
Different ways that you can use CBD:
CBD oil can be consumed in many different ways, each different way has its benefits and drawbacks. Different ways of applying CBD also actually has different benefits depending on what you are treating.
You can consume CBD directly through a tablet form; a spray form or a you can place it under your tongue. CBD also comes in moisturisers and special creams. You can add CBD as a food supplement; a popular recipe is CBD brownies! Here at Greenfingers we sell CBD balm, CBD capsules, CBD droppers and CBD spray.
- CBD Balm is a special moisturising cream enriched with CBD oil. For this product you simply rub it onto the effected area, applying as often as needed.
- The combination of CBD and coconut oil provides deep hydration for your skin whilst also running a whole host of other benefits for troubled skin.
- CBD balm has had effective use for treating acne, arthritis, inflammation and muscle spasms. Virtually anything to do with the skin, CBD balm can control or calm symptoms. CBD balm is used to target certain areas in your body; it isn’t absorbed by your entire body.
- CBD capsules are taken by mouth just like a normal capsule or can be dissolved under the tongue in some circumstances. They are best known for the work they do inside the body.
- CBD capsules can be used to clear up and numb chronic pains, stomach pains, nausea and generally good for most ‘inside the body’ problems.
- CBD capsules are really handy to take as you can carry them fairly easily so you can take them anywhere if you really need them.
CBD Tinctures (Droppers and Sprays)
- CBD tinctures are known for being the second quickest way to absorb CBD to smoking or vaping, typically taking a CBD tincture, it can enter your body within 15-30 minutes. CBD droppers can be used directly on skin or underneath the tongue. It is best known for its direct use, for example muscle pain or soreness.
- It can be used to treat glaucoma and is great for treating pain and anxiety with how quick it enters your body.
- A great tip for using a CBD tincture is that you are suggested to take it under your tongue and hold it there for 30 seconds before you proceed to swallow it, it speeds up the effect CBD has on your body.